When I decided to cut out the sequin fabric with my rotary blade I had no idea how tough it was going to be, but that didn’t stop me from doing just that! Actually was that wise?
I did it. But I’m sure my rotary blades will now a) need a sharpen with tin foil or b) need a new blade. Oh well – a lesson learnt there.
Talking of rotary blades I may be purchasing a new one for ease of use. Spotted a fiskars blade that looks a little less fiddly in Biggar Stitches!
So after cutting out the front and back of the top I then pinned it all together and tried it on. I knew that I had to put darts in because I made up a toile earlier, so I did just that and then had to get my mum to straighten then up whilst I wore it!
Now I just wished I removed the sequins along the seams to ease the job for my machine (I’m sure it felt pain when stitching the sequins – I did).
Sewing the sequins was nerve racking (my first time doing sequins). My Brother did the job, the top does need a press as the darts haven’t got the finesse finish I wanted.
Time is running out and rather get into a state like below, I’ve opted to wear a “bought dress” – fear not the dress will be completed for Christmas and worn then!
Trying the homemade garment on was a near death experience as the pins scratched my arm – ok, maybe not near death but still, beady sore!
At this point, the top needs hemmed and finished off. The skirt still needs the waistband on (which itself needs interfacing applied!! (Note to self: you need to buy blinkin’ interfacing!!)), zip applied, possibly now lined and then hemmed.
The final update should contain a picture of me wearing it! Watch this space!
Some places I went to online for advice: