Myrtle Dress by Colette Patterns!
Yes I finally cracked my Moneta obsession, don’t worry there’s plenty more of them coming with hacks but for the moment I’m trying out different patterns and I have a few exciting things that are happening but I can’t tell quite yet!
Ok, lets talk Myrtle:
Do I like and will I use the pattern again, if so will I make any changes?
I love it, especially the cowl neck feature. I’d definitely use the pattern again but I would shorten the shoulders to avoid the embarrassment of showing of my assets too much!
Where did I get the fabric from?
I bought the lovely viscose jersey from fabric focus this winter, unfortunately for you I took the last 3.5 meters (sorry but not sorry) in fact, originally i bought 2,5 meters realised I didn’t have enough and the luckily there was 1 metre left when i went back to the shop – phew!
Myrtle needs quite a drapey jersey and lightweight I’d say and for me it was a good skill builder. This was the first time I did a cowl neck and used the main fabric for a lining on the front and encased elastic in the skirt.
For a quick make, once you’ve done it once it makes sense.
Ok here’s the fun part – PHOTOS … Hooray!
Now, where I’m I going to fit in time to do a woven version in this pattern? I love how this pattern is versatile like this!
Yeap you saw it!
It’s official, this blog is now http://www.sewdoitemma.com
I’ve been thinking about going for it for a while and have finally taken the crunch!
Also it’s my first day of my fabric buying hiatus! It gone well so far. I’ve put my time into doing this domain, house stuff and walking the dog.
In my head I’ve got hundreds of ideas with what fabric from my collection should go with what project/pattern. Sure, they’ll be limits because of meterage/yardage or what type of fabric but I’m going to start to try and categorically organise them.
This has been on the cards for ages but it’s not going to be easy with the amount of fabric I do have.
First of all, I think I’m going to set fabrics and patterns that are in my make nine.
Next I’m going to take all the fabrics out of the small Billy’s then (or maybe do a shelf at a time) measure, photograph and record each piece. Either spreadsheet it first and then add it on the Cora App, which I’ve had for yonks and not really made use of it.
Once I’ve done the fabrics, I think I’m going to go through my big four patterns as I bet there’s patterns I’ve forgot about and have either doubled with a newer style or no longer “has that sparkle”. This could be another fabric destash as well but we’ll come to that bridge when it happens!
This is going to be a long process for me as I am planning to sew a few things, some with deadlines and also I’ve got things that I need to do around the house (boo, hiss).
Ok this is quite a ramble but it’s kinda good to put it out there and then you can see the difference when it’s done.
Speak soon with hopefully some new makes!
Happy sewing 🧵