On the last update, I mentioned that I had graded the pattern up following a couple of resources online, which I did but then I back tracked and went for the biggest size on the pattern as they said they were the sizes are quite roomy.
The skirt has worked out rather quite well with pleats too. Fairly chuffed with myself considering it was probably quite foolish and risky to do so.
On reflection, I may add 1/2 inch to all sides just to give a little room for that wedding breakfast!
I like the length, it’s ideal as it will show off the shoes I intend to wear and I won’t (hopefully I won’t) trip up running (ahem I mean dancing 😂😂😂) around in the Ceilidh!
Like I said in update one, the top should be fine, in fact, it isn’t – as it back needs altering as the fabric catches. I also need darts either side of the front bodice. It also needs an inch to have that hanging effect the pattern shows! Argh!
Here’s me thinking it would be a breeze, yeah right ..
I’m going to have to amend the top somehow, better get cracking!
And so I did amend the top by going back to the pattern and adding 2cms to the seam. There is a lot less scrunching up at the back and I feel I can actually breathe in it 😁
High five to me!
I will let you all know how it all goes in Update 3 – cutting the real fabric!!
Oh the funny thing is that my husband thought I was wearing this tuille to the actual wedding – EH NO!! I had to give my reason to why I wasn’t wearing white to the wedding of my closest friends’!
Online Resources used to figure out how to grade up these sneaky pleats: