Ok, let me explain what #theEmmaProject is!
Emma and I met on Instagram when I had a destash and since then we’ve have lots of chats via DMs. We are still to meet IRL but that will come along with a serious splurge on fabric when we are allowed to meet!
Both Emma @CoffeeandGlassSlippers noticed we’ve got a few of the same fabrics and then we got chatting and came up with this collab!
So to start off we’ve decided to use our Liberty Candy/Sweet Cotton Lawn. Although they are different colour ways, mine is brown and Emma’s is purple, they still have the same sweetie print.
I’ve had this in stash for absolutely ages, actually it’s went into my destash a couple of times and didn’t sell. Because it’s Liberty I really couldn’t take too much money off it as it wasn’t cheap to buy and there was 3 metres of it.
I’m glad I’ve turned the fabric now into a dress. I’m contemplating on doing a matching mask and hairband, although I probably won’t wear them all at the same time together unless it for photos!
For this dress, I choose the myosotis dress by Deer & Doe Patterns. This is the second time I’ve used this pattern and the colours are quite similar!
Now I know this pattern isn’t fully size inclusive and the fact that Deer & Doe really have fucked up with regards to their plans and eh excuses, I won’t be praising them in that way anytime soon once the actually release something that’s surpasses a 60” hip (body measurements). I will review the patterns when they do eventually show the light of day.
When I did my first myosotis dress, the mandarin collar was quite tricky but this time it seemed to be more satisfying to sew it together. Perhaps it was the second time I did it and also I think I looked up a few YouTube videos just to make sure that I was getting it right.
Yes, it has pockets … and they are a good size – I love a dress with pockets.
I’ve got the pdf pattern and although it only goes up to size 52* – Bust 45 5/8” Waist 37 3/4 Hip 48, I don’t mind the fit. Perhaps maybe in the future I could add some ease by slightly grading it out but to be honest, I don’t think I need it.
I added two labels, one being “Room for Cake” by Pink Coat Club and the other “Be Yourself” by Kylie and the Machine.
Now I’ve started to use a fabric glue stick for my labels – it’s a game changer. Before I found my labels going slightly crooked even with a pin and taking it slowly. With the fabric glue stick, that I purchased from Little Rosy Cheeks, there’s no more crooked labels going forward!
The gorgeous pink buttons are from Textile Garden. Textile Garden is one of my go to online button shops!
I do love this version of myosotis dress without the frills and ruffles. I think with the busy print it would be far too much with the ruffle on the bottom skirt and on the sleeves, plus I can easily get a cardigan or jacket on!
Going forward, I think I will add some length onto to the bodice. There’s nothing wrong with this version and my first but I do feel I could get away with more length in the bodice. Also I’m going to try the wonderful Marie’s @stitchodyssey’s no-collar hack on my third one, whenever that may be!
So there you have it. A blog post and a new make in one. Yes it’s been a while (over a month!) but I’m back and I hope you are ready for more posts coming your way.
Here’s the lovely Emma in her sweet Liberty make. Emma hacked the Maisie Dress into a top and I think it’s absolutely gorgeous! I think if I ever see this purple colour-way, I’ll be snapping some up!
Annnnnd Emma and I will be returning with another collaboration. And we can’t wait to share!